Student Conduct and Expectations
All students receive and must abide by the California Education Code § 48900, which mandates schools to expect students to conduct themselves appropriately at all times. Suspension, involuntary transfer or possible expulsion from the Temple City Unified School District will result if any of the following occur:
- Cause, attempt to cause, or threaten to cause physical injury to another person
- Possess, sell or otherwise furnish any firearm, knife, explosive, or other dangerous object
- Unlawfully possess, use, sell, offer to sell or otherwise furnish, or be under the influence of any controlled substance, alcohol, or intoxicant
- Commit or attempt to commit robbery or extortion
- Cause or attempt to cause damage to school or private property
- Steal or attempt to steal school or private property·
- Commit an obscene act or engage in habitual profanity or vulgarity
- Unlawfully possess or unlawfully offer, arrange or negotiate to sell any drug paraphernalia
- Disrupt school activities or otherwise willfully defy school authority
- Knowingly receive stolen school or private property
- Commit or attempt to commit sexual assault
Additional Temple City High School rules include:
- No food or drink permitted in class buildings.
- Students must carry a valid hall pass when outside the classroom during the class period.
- No riding of motorized vehicles or bicycles on campus.
- Bikes are to be locked in the bike rack.
- Students may not ride or carry skateboards, rollerblades, or skates on campus.
- Skateboards must be locked on racks.
- The use of electronic devices, i.e. cell phones, tablets and laptops is allowed by specific teachers at specific times. TCUSD is not responsible for lost or stolen electronic devices.
- Students may not bring laser pens, spray paint, or marking pens (Sharpies) to school.